Baltinglass & District Forum's ("BDF") mission is to promote the welfare of the Baltinglass & District community.
BDF will strive for the broadest possible inclusion of all members of the community on a non-party political and equal basis.
Aims & Objectives
- Actively involve as many people as possible in the promotion of the social, educational, cultural, economic, and environmental welfare of the Baltinglass & District community.
- Aim to represent every member of the community, and the community as a whole, in dealings with local government, statutory bodies, and other agencies.
- Encourage all residents of Baltinglass & District to generate community spirit and participation.
- Act as an umbrella group in the district, to further common interests by providing information, guidance and assistance in reacting to community opportunities, and resolving issues.
- Liaise with, and participate in the community development projects initiated by community groups, Wicklow County Council and other agencies.
- BDF is currently comprised of nominated representatives of the various community groups in the district and aims to move towards broad elected representation.
- To acquire and hold by rental, lease, purchase, donation or otherwise, such property and effects as shall be necessary or expedient to attain these ends.